There are four biblical errors with that attitude [that we should sell all we have so that we can give most of it away]:
- First, this kind of thinking has no practical end.
- Second, this approach assumes that God needs our money.
- Third, this position ends up being, for all its spiritualized language, a form of compulsory giving.
- Fourth, this position is out of sync with a number of other things the Bible teaches about God’s purpose in giving us possessions.
– Greear, J.D.; Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary; B&H Publishing Group; Nashville, TN; Copyright 2011; Kindle Edition; page127-129