So what is that for you? What have you given god-like weight in your life? I’m going to ask you some questions – if you answer these questions honestly, you’ll probably start to see some recurring themes. These are most likely what you have substituted for God.
- What one thing do you most hope is in your future?
- What is the one thing you most worry about lasting?
- If you could change one thing about yourself right now, what would it be?
- What thing have you sacrificed most for?
- Who is there in your life that you feel like you can’t forgive and why?
- When do you feel most significant?
- What triggers depression in you?
- Where do you turn for comfort when things are not going well?
– Greear, J.D.; Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary; B&H Publishing Group; Nashville, TN; Copyright 2011; Kindle Edition; page 70-73